Sunday, October 13, 2013

"Fall and the Coming of Winter"



"The summers passed with each year.  I don't seem to remember them anymore.
I remember the fall and the coming of winter.
The water got cold.  It was a time of the West swell."

Jack Barlow, Big Wednesday (1978)


I can't believe I've never, in the entire history of An Tor Orth An Mor, levered in a quote from my favourite film.  But now seems like an appropriate opportunity; that time of year is creeping up on us in the Northern Hemisphere and I for one am kind of looking forward to some heavy swells.


***********



Oh, and if you've got a couple of minutes I'd be really made-up if you could head on over to the Talenthouse website and click to give me a vote please.  I've got an image (which can't have been posted or published anywhere before, hence the screengrab) entered in a contest to win a trip photographing "adventure travel" subjects for Nokia and National Geographic in Puerto Rico.  It's judged independently, but votes might help to sway their choices and I'd really appreciate your support to get into the top 50.  Click here to jump to the page.  Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment