Sunday, March 13, 2011

In Hope...






I just walked out to the top of the headland that juts out into the sea where I live and watched the sun dip into the sea at the end of a gorgeous spring day.
I do this every now and then to remind myself how lucky I am to be able to do just this, but today I did it to have a bit of a quiet moment for the people of Japan, and thought about the terrifying footage that I watched on Friday lunchtime which is now burned onto my memory. There's ben a lot of seismic activity around the Pacific rim recently, but this is the first time that I've ever seen the devastation happening live, rather than just pictures of the aftermath.

I live on the coast, and I know waves, but I still can't fully process what I saw.

Here's hoping that the people of Japan and their rich and fascinating culture can make it through this horrendous massive natural disaster and come out the other side.


I shot these images few years ago in the Asakusa district of Tokyo, in the area around the Senso-ji Buddhist Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment